Friday, August 31, 2012

Peach baby food

"Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot peaches."  We ate a lot of peaches this summer.  At the beginning of the summer, we bought a huge basket of peaches and shared it with some of our friends.  They then sang this line of the song, "Millions of peaches, peaches for free."  Thank you, The Presidents of the United States of America. 

I decided Sarah needed to have some of our peaches so I froze some peach baby food for her.

 
To make the peaches easy to peel, I dropped them in boiling water for 30 seconds- 1 minute.  Then I transferred them to an ice bath.  The skin pulls right off leaving all of the peach flesh.  I put the peaches in the blender and pureed them.  You can add water to thin them if you need.  But I don't think I needed to thin them.  We are still giving Sarah vegetables first according to our pediatrician's instructions but soon we will try our millions of peaches.  Until then, here is how they remain:

No comments:

Post a Comment