Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Playing tag



Two days ago the exercise goal was not met and it is not being met today.  However, I have started walking faster to and from my car.  The commute from the car is now being counted as exercise.  Today, I received 9 minutes of fast walking from the parking lot as exercise.  I say received because I feel like that probably should not count.  Maybe I am cheating the system already.

The above stopwatch is from yesterday.  I started the watch when we started playing tag.  Basically, we ran around in the circle from my living room to bedroom to hall to family room.  It is a nice circle and both children were either chasing or getting chased.  We all got exercise for 6 minutes and 24.06 seconds.  We then got water and danced for "Shake it Off."  Shake it Off inspires lots of synchronized pivots on the balls of your feet.  Sometimes even pivoting with one pivot at at time.  But no pivots are in the basketball way.  Instead just side to side ankle pivots are done.  "Whip/Nae Nae" was next and again I tried to do the moves as enthusiastically as possible.  "Sugar" and "Uptown Funk" followed.  While I may have had to put in my parental code for those two, I am not sure the nudity and subtle messaging from the nudity are not worse in "Shake it Off."

My son finally convinced us to go back to tag.  After he ran too fast for the corners and ran into things, we discontinued running.  Then we did bunny hop, frog leap, hop-on-one-foot, skip, and regular hop tag.  Can I say how much harder those versions are?

Confession: I have only told my assistant that I am doing this blog again.

Upcoming: We went to pick up the stand my husband bought me for Christmas to turn my bike into a stationery bike.  Turns out that he bought me a parking stand and not an exercise stand so we fixed it. Tomorrow, I am putting my bike on it and seeing how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment