Sunday, May 20, 2012

Vacation food: Albuquerque, NM El Modelo April 29, 2012

After two weeks, I am finally getting around to posting about our vacation food.  While we did have some fast food and other food that was just okay.  I am only going to post about the places we really liked.  Yelp helped me find El Modelo.  It is takeout only but there are picnic tables outside.  Some tables were close to the other side of the building and some were across the parking lot on this side.  The ones across the parking lot in the shade were the ones we chose. The call-ahead line was longer than the walk-in line.  Both were not short on a Sunday when we ate there after arriving in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I had a great bean burrito--it was spicier than the ones I have had outside of the Southwest.  It is shown below.
I also tried a watermelon drink from the fountain below.  I saw several people getting drinks from this fountain and I decided to try it.  But it tasted like what I remember watermelon Kool-Aid tasting like.  My memory could be fuzzy as I have not had Kool-Aid in more than 20 years.


El Modelo Mexican Foods on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment