Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lexington Farmer's Market

We love going to Farmers' Markets. This is in Lexington, KY.  Because I was traveling to a wedding, I didn't buy much but I did buy a strawberry rhubarb sorbet.  It was delicious.  Not sure if sorbet should be on the menu before 10 a.m.  It was garnished with an orange pansy and a piece of mint.  I asked if the pansy was edible and the sellers said, "Yes."  After trying it, I would now say, "No," if someone asked me.  I think it tasted like grass or some sort of weed.

This picture is of what I consider the traditional part of the farmers' market fresh fruits and vegetables. 
Some of the more interesting tables were stocked with olive oil (from Italy), honey, milk, and cheese.  Last weekend the longest line was for fresh strawberries. 

While strolling around, several musicians serenaded us.  A lady at another booth asked me to sign a petition to allow small farm animals like goats to be kept in yards (hopefully they aren't trying to keep them indoors) within the city limits.  I declined to sign the petition as I am not a Lexington resident.

1 comment:

  1. You seem to be having a lot of fun traveling to different places especially when you have time. Me? I'm still a student and still saving money for the future travels I will have with my family and friends. Click to read more about me.

    ReplyDelete