Monday, January 4, 2016

Dance Party



Yesterday, I met my exercise goal mostly with dancing (28 minutes).  Chasing my children into church garnered me two minutes of exercise.  They were so excited I had to jog to keep up with them.  They love their Sunday School teachers.

I tried dancing on New Year's Eve but head bobbing and swaying do not actually count as exercise.  Alternating moving one foot to the middle and back did not seem to count either.  I had to "Jump Around" (remember that song from maybe the 1900's?).  Running man from the 1990's seemed to count as exercise.  So did the step forward step back and hop that is in the Electric Slide.  I added hops whenever possible to the Whip/Nae Nae moves while watching the video that seemed to work too.

The only songs on demand deemed peppy enough for exercise dance work were "Sugar," "Uptown Funk," "Whip/Nae Nae," and "7/11."  7/11 also had some dance move instruction in the song.  Justin Bieber, Adele, and Taylor Swift were deemed not peppy enough by my five year old.

Isn't Zumba some type of dance?  Maybe I should try that.  Wonder if it is on demand?

This morning my Apple Watch told me that my move goal should be adjusted because 460 calories was too much.  It suggested 190 calories.  Isn't that just encouraging my sloth?  I decided I would take its suggestion but I upped to 250.  Who really needs the Apple Watch telling me my business even if it is tracking my every move?

No comments:

Post a Comment