Friday, January 8, 2016

Walking is the easiest way to meet your exercise goals!

It was Seattle-type misty today but warmer than it has been here lately.  In fact, it might have been in the upper 40's/low 50's when it was time for our little guy to go to school.  We (mostly me) decided to walk.  The problem with walking is that the roads are narrow with no sidewalks.  Therefore, it is dangerous to stay in the road when cars are coming.  Puddles are everywhere at the edge of the road.



It is almost all uphill going to school.  Making it count as exercise if we keep a good pace.


Did I mention that the streets were narrow?


After I walked to and from school at a brisk pace, walked from the parking lot to my desk, read and answered my email, I decided to look to see what my exercise totals were.  I made it to 26 out of 30 minutes of exercise.


You can see my exercise went off track the two days between today and my tag/dance party day.  

For lunch, I walked to PBW and had a salad (the half of any salad is $4.19 including tax--you can't beat that).  


As soon as walk in the front door of my office, my phone informed me that I made it to 30 minutes.

Today I met all the goals.  Not bad for a Friday.  Oh, and I got this really cool photo from the pocket in my red raincoat.



No comments:

Post a Comment