Saturday, January 2, 2016

Reinvented Home, Away, and Food

I have to realize that I am no Anthony Bourdain.  This was a maternity leave project after our daughter was born nearly four years ago.  I like the idea of writing a bit.  No one reads this so it is safe, right?  Safe from criticism.  Safe from weirdos reading it.  Safe from anyone reading it except spammers.

Using this for something is better than nothing.  How about the home part be an exercise blog of sorts?  I am trying to get more exercise into my daily life without spending time away from my kids.  The mom guilt of working full-time plus doing some church committees is enough.

To start, I received an Apple Watch.  It tracks my every move so that should make me instantly fit?  Except instant fitness has not happened in the week that I have used it.  In fact, other than my stand goal, which I have come to understand means stand and move around for a minute, meeting the exercise goal of 30 minutes and the move goal of burning 460 calories have been elusive.

How to meet the exercise goal, which seems to be tied to heart rate, is a work in progress.  Today while I was putting away laundry, I got 11 minutes of exercise on breaks. I typed my parental control password into music choice on Xfinity on demand and danced to Sugar and Blank Space.  Then at some later point, the watch gave me credit for another minute of exercise.

Even though I stepped some (5,188 steps) at the library and the river getting progress toward my move goal, I did not get any "exercise" doing those things.  I cannot be disappointed though.  The river is up.  The view was nice.  Most importantly, it was activity that my five year old enjoyed.  Here are some photos:





I have always had a bit of obsession for light posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment